Thursday, October 30, 2014

Product Review: OLEAVINE 100% Plant Based Konjac Sponge infused w/Activated Charcoal


Hi everyone! It's me again with another product review!! I am actually very excited about this one, one of the new "hot" beauty products are these sponges (I've seen white ones, black ones and even special "green tea" formulated ones too!) Anyways, today I'll be reviewing the OLEAVINE 100% Plant Based Konjac Sponge infused w/Activated Charcoal. Basically it's a sponge that purifies, removes build up of oil, deep cleanses and clears pores. Let's get to reviewing!


About The Product
-Oleavine Brand
-100% Natural, Konjac Fiber, Ultra Soft, Biodegradable, Sustainably Developed, Vegan, No Preservatives, No Chemicals/Colors and Not Tested On Animals.
-ONLY 3 ingredients! Pure Konjac Powder, Water and Bamboo Charcoal.
-Exfoliates, Cleanses, Detoxifies, and Refreshes.


Directions For Use:
1. Rinse the Sponge until it gets plump, soft and absorbed in water.
2. Cleanse your face with the sponge (with or without cleanser-either option!)
3. Air dry the sponge with the attached string.


(Size in Comparison to an Essie Nail Polish)

My Review:
        This is currently one of my favorite products! I didn't have much of a background on these types of sponges but boy was I pleasantly surprised! This sponge actually does detoxify, cleanse and purify your skin! I have combination skin and I had a bit of acne (small spots), redness, uneven skin tone/acne scars and oiliness(especially in my T-zone) and this sponge actually made my face look amazing after one use! I woke up the next morning thinking wow! When you try the product for yourself you see that the sponge is super soft, almost like porous cotton balls and not bristle-like at all (unlike general defoliators). I thought that this product wouldn't do much but surprisingly it did a lot more than I thought! I will be definitely picking up a couple for myself and friends/family. This would make a great stocking stuffer and is very trendy. There are many other brands out there for which I cannot say "work" or "don't work" but I absolutely love this product and even though "Oleavine" the company isn't as well known as "Boscia" or some other high end skincare company, it does a great job! The product is also very affordable and great for the Eco-friendly people in our lives! I highly recommend this product!!
(About the size of your palm. Fits very comfortably and has a string to hang for air drying. You can also see the length of my nails! No ripped, teared or broken sponges here! It's awesome!)


Would I Recommend It?
        I would definitely recommend it for a couple of reasons. First off, it works great and gave me quick results! I also love how Eco-friendly and "safe"/sanitary the product is. It came sealed in plastic so I know that nobody else touched my sponge before I got to use it. That is a great plus in my book! This sponge is also very affordable and a must have for the season! Even though the hot months are behind us now, our skin can get dry and dull in the colder seasons and this sponge can help rejuvenate and clarify your skin! I highly recommend it to beauty lovers (very trendy product), anybody with combo skin or any skin type really (also great for SENSITIVE SKIN!) and anybody who is thinking of ideas for stocking stuffers, "Secret Santas" or any type of gift for the holiday season!


Tips:
-I use it sometimes with a cleanser (Philosophy Purity Cleanser or Murad Clarifying Cleanser) and sometimes by itself and has worked great at all times.
-Very gentle and even pushing hard on the sponge against your face should not cause any type of sensitivity or pain whatsoever (it is VERY soft).
-You can even try to use it as a body sponge if you'd like, it fits very nicely in your palm and would be almost like the size of a standard soap bar.
-I recommend squeezing the water out of the sponge then hanging the sponge to air dry. I have also seen that the next day the sponge is dry but not completely "foam hard like original packaging" so it does stay relatively soft.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


          I hope you all enjoyed my product review of the "OLEAVINE 100% Plant Based Konjac Sponge infused w/Activated Charcoal" I highly recommend this product and cannot say anything bad about it. I was a little hesitant at first since it was actually pretty hard (before wetting) and pretty much like a block of foam but once it absorbed the water, it was super soft and plump! Also my long nails did not puncture or rip/tear the product at all! It was made well and perfect! See you all next time and HAPPY HALLOWEEN to those who celebrate it tomorrow!! Trick or Treat!



Click here for the link to purchase! #beautysponge
http://www.oleavine.com/product/konjac-facial-beauty-sponge/ 

http://www.amazon.com/Konjac-Sponge-Exfoliating-Exfoliation-Effectiveness/dp/B00M2DZTUY/ref=sr_1_107?ie=UTF8&qid=1406850944&sr=8-107&keywords=konjac+sponge




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. wow - that looks really cool ! And easy to use! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting a review on this, I have been seeing items like this and wondered if they worked or not.

    ReplyDelete